Sunday, February 26

Spring Garden

I have anxiously been watching the calendar for Presidents Day to come. Not just because we should celebrate the Presidents of this great country (well, at least the first 43...) but it also marks the day of when you can start planting your Spring garden!

I lurve being in the garden. Granted, I'm not the best gardener but I do like to get my hands in the dirt and dig around. This weekend the family and I spent our days in the garden with the sun on our backs. Duties went as follows:

The Babe

Find as much mud as you can & crawl around in it until mom can barely recognize you.

The Boy

Entertain dogs and put worms in jars

Ryan

Oh, poor Ryan. I always have such grand ideas and use him as my workhorse. He was in charge of raking, tilling, burning, fixing hose lines, and moving bricks.

Trish

Design layout, gather supplies, bark orders, and do the planting.

We really had such a great time together working/playing outside. I have to thank my parents for teaching me to work together as a family. I spent many a summers pulling weeds with my siblings and now looking back, those were some really great memories.

1 comment:

  1. When did you ever pull weeds? You were always sleeping in... ;)

    ReplyDelete