Monday, April 16

Birthday On The Farm

The Boy celebrated his 4th birthday in March and I decided last minute that I should have a little party for him. We invited some friends over and let the madness begin.
Don't let those innocent faces fool you...


I had spent a couple days worrying about how to entertain these hoodlums but my worries were quickly put to rest when the boys found the stairs.


They spent almost a half hour running up and sliding down - how many can go at once? can we knock anyone down on our way? what happens if we go face first?

For fear of the carpet and broken bones, I sent the boys outside to play. GENIUS!


After tackling the dogs and each other, they decided that they should go tackle the goats. Off we headed towards the barn and it was like heaven for these kids. They were running, jumping, feeding, climbing. Then they discovered the hay pile.


I didn't realize how early the male trait of "one-upping" the other guy began. First they had to see who could climb the fastest. Then the highest. And then, almost in unison, who could jump from the highest spot.




I tell ya, these boys may be young but they've got guts. Side note to the mothers who left their son in my care - I assume no liability for what happens here...

The party was starting to wind down and they all thought that it would be really cool to take home an egg. Since I had prepared any take how favors, this worked out really well.


I'm thinking about hosting all sorts of parties here now.

Petting Zoo Party.
Sex Education Party.
Create Your Own Organic Fertilizer Party.

The list goes on...

2 comments:

  1. That last part just made me smile. Just think of the money you could make off of all those parties! I'll have to tell you in person of an idea the next time you have baby animals being born...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! Jack had so much fun, but he didn't bring home and egg. Hopefully it's not sitting rotting in Brookes car :)

    ReplyDelete