Monday, April 16

Mud

One afternoon, The Boy came running in the house like a bat out of hell.

Mom! Come see what I've got!

I take my time going to him because he has a habit of bringing in rocks, sticks, you know - really interesting things. This time, in his is hand is lo-and-behold - a goldfish!


I ask where it came from and with a shrug of his shoulders he says he caught it. Well duh, why didn't I think of that....

See, around the farm we keep goldfish in our water troughs to eat up all the algae and provide a small form of entertainment. On this fine day, The Boy discovered that he could catch them with his bare hands. (I've got a call in to the Discovery Channel to see if they could use a miniature Bear Gryles...)

So out we go to see if he can catch anymore fish. We soon discover that you can't properly fish with your new shoes in the mud so I have him start stripping down. Before you know it he's fishing in nothing buy his skivvies and creating one heck of a mud puddle.

Unable to resist he says,

Mommy, can I please play in the mud?


At this point, what else can I say. With a squeal of delight he jumped right in and started making all sorts of mud pies.


Not to be left out, The Babe was nipping at my heels for a chance to get in. Figuring that it wouldn't be right to leave him out, I stripped off his clothes and turned him loose.


Three important lessons were learned today:
  1. The Boy is quick
  2. I found a new babysitting method
  3. A little mud never hurt no one

No comments:

Post a Comment