Monday, April 16

My Own Egg Hunt

Ryan decided to redesign the chicken coop. Between starting and finishing the project there was no roof and we discovered that our agile chickens would fly out, lay their eggs, and fly back in.

I was starting to get more than a little miffed and their little trick because I couldn't find their stupid eggs. However, not to be outdone by a flock of pea-brained birds, I went on a little Easter Egg Hunt.

Now I'm not proud when I say that it took me a couple days to locate their pile. They were crafty and didn't stick to their usual spots. After some covert operations and a special motion detecting camera I found them!

Ok, not really. Cujo was chasing the cat and knocked over a piece of metal that was concealing them...


Alas - my beautiful eggs! All 3 dozen of them!


Some were thrown out because they looked iffy to me. The rest I brought back in the house, washed and cracked. I had recently read that eggs can last up to 3 weeks without refrigeration and come to find out, it's true. All of the eggs were in eggcellent condition. They were also eggtremely delicious scrambled. Eggquisite fried. And eggstasy baked into cookies.

I'm done with this eggstatic language!

Oh ok, I'm just yoking you now...

No comments:

Post a Comment