Monday, April 16

Off The Tit

Yes, you read that heading correctly. It is time to wean the babies from their mama's - aka, remove the tit.

The Boy and I headed out one morning on a mission - catch the five babies that were still with their mamas and separate them into the adjacent corral. Theoretically this sounds like an easy process but there are a few things working against us:
  1. Rounding up goats with two little boys is no easy task
  2. Those suckers are fast
  3. Those mamas get mad!
I discussed the game plan with The Boy -
You go in, catch 'em, and I'll throw them over the gate. Make sure to watch out for their mama, she'll try to get you.

The Boy gave me his signature Thumbs Up and got to work.

Honestly, I was stunned. I didn't realize how quick The Boy was or understand his knack for catching goats. By the time I had one thrown over the fence, he'd be tugging another one over.
I was able to capture a little video of The Boy in progress but Blogger kept getting blogged down. Bummer. Next time.

Once the babies were separated we dusted off our pants and headed in the house. When I came back out to feed those damn babies were back in with their mamas! The Boy didn't care. In fact, he was happy. That just meant that he'd get to "round 'em up" again the next day. And he did.

1 comment:

  1. So cute! He probably is in heaven help out his mom.

    ReplyDelete